ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, ROBOTICS
ESI, founded in 1982, is a recognized leader in the field of Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics by its innovative design and breakthrough developments emphasizing modularity, mobility and advanced software. ESI provides world-leading products and develops cutting-edge technologies in both robotics and automation systems.
In the past, ESI has developed two types of manipulators for Canadian Space Agency (CSA)’s planetary exploration project, which performed simulated Moon and Mars missions on Earth. In the future, as one of pioneers of robotics, ESI will work very closely with customers to provide solutions that support their business to become more effective. ESI creates highly flexible solutions that can be effectively extended to meet the requirements of new applications.
ESI is currently working on providing 2 advanced industrial collaborative robots with multiple granted U.S. invention patents. ESI industrial cobot is much more suitable in metal piece manufacturing applications, such as welding, polishing etc.
ESI is a close knit family, all passionate about robotics. Welcome to join this big family.
• Designs and develops robotic and industrial automation system for the robotic arm products and applications
• Perform/Develop testing strategies to identify faults from design, assembly or components.
• Generates electrical, pneumatic, and communications schematics for products
• Support reporting and presentation of system requirements, design, test plan, and test results to customers.
• Lead automation projects from the design phase through site installation
• Strong background in maintenance, test and troubleshooting of different instruments and automation systems.
• Preparing test reports for defected sensors or other components.
• Diagnose equipment malfunctions using appropriate test instruments and electrical circuit diagrams.
• Troubleshooting of defected automation circuits by finding and replacing the components/circuits.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Canada (P. Eng.)
• Over 10 years of experience designing and building electrical systems
• At least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable field
• Strong leadership skills and ability to train and manage a team.
• Excellent time management and planning skills and able to meet the deadlines.
• Excellent presentation skills with experience of training the clients/engineers for many years.
• Familiar with CSA 22.2 guidelines and some other IEC and ISO standards related to machinery safety.
• Familiar with safety codes, functional safety and electrical design requirements to meet specific Safety Integrity Level or Performance Levels for a safety component/system.
• Experienced in designing complex electronic circuits using new technologies like System on Chip (SOC) according to IPC and UL requirements.
• Design the PLC and Safety PLC systems for manufacturing units, production plants involving
• Design control panel drawing including electrical circuits and components arrangement using AutoCAD or Solidworks Electrical.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Solidworks electrical (2D and 3D), AutoCAD, Altium.
• Experienced in selecting and troubleshooting from motors, gears, encoders, drives and brake system for robotic arms or any other machinery system including conveyers, pneumatic or hydraulic systems.
• Strong PLC programming skills for various make of PLC systems from Siemens, Beckhoff, Allen Bradley and ABB.
• Great knowledge of many industrial communication protocols like EtherCAT, IO link, Profibus, Profi-Safe, Modbus, DNP, Ethernet/IP, SPI, CAN, I2C and etc.
• Familiar with selection and test and integration of different type of proximity/detection sensors (ultrasonic, laser scanners, capacitive, photoelectric and inductive) and their integration into safety or automation systems.
• Familiar with selection, test and integration of several instruments like: force sensors, load cells, temperature sensors, electrical power and air pressure meters.
• Familiar with electronic manufacturing processes and cost reduction methods
• Demonstrated ability to conduct training sessions and remote support to other engineers or customers.
• Ability to build strong relationship and develop customer’s loyalty.
• Availability for travel about 10% of time (including internationally)
Please send your resumes to email@example.com and in the subject line: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, ROBOTICS. Thank you in advance for your interest in pursuing a career with ESI.
Job Type: Full-time
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
We work on highly challenging and stimulating problems in the advance and use of robotics. The job is quite versatile, ranging from operational and strategic plans for product development, project planning, time and cost estimations, creating software requirements and specifications, creating and implementing software architectural designs, creating software verification and validation plans/processes (including code reviews, unit testing, etc.) and guiding or mentoring other team members.
Being part of a team of smart innovative highly skilled individuals, we always strive to make you work on what you’re best at.
Overall your goal will be making our robotic systems more reliable and easier to use for our customers.
Your Academic, Knowledge and Skills include:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Engineering Science
• 5+ years of working experience in a senior software developer role using C/C++, managed language such as C# or Java, software architecture design, UML, and design patterns
• Influential team leadership skills and experiences
• Working knowledge of real-time system development, computer networking, and communication protocols
• Extensive experience building complex yet maintainable system, and software development skills
• Proficiency with software tools including Microsoft Visual Studio or similar IDE, software configuration management, software problem reporting/tracking
• Knowledge and experience in Robotics and Industrial robots
• Experience in Python, SQL Server and data modeling
• Well organized with a meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line: Software Systems Developer (Mobile Platforms). Thank you in advance for your interest in pursuing a career with ESI.
Job Type: Full-time
COOP – OPERATIONS / HR
ESI, founded in 1982, provides world-leading products and develops cutting-edge technologies in both robotics and automation systems. The Operations Co-op will contribute to the success of ESI through administrative support. Reporting to the Associate HR Manager. The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership experience, a bias for action, and has strong organizational and communication skills. This opportunity is perfect for students who are interested in building project management skills, developing consulting skills, in support of a future career in HR. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that ESI is the company you want to work for!
What you will be working on:
• Supporting the revision of corporate onboarding programs for field leadership roles
• Creation of support materials for internal learning and development programs
• Support with key Performance Management Processes
• Bachelor’s Degree in progress or recently attained, preferably in Business or Human Resources
• Past Co-op/Intern terms within HR function an asset
• Past Human Resources experience in a related industry a strong asset
• Demonstrated professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and effective communication skills
• A proven team player
• Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks while working independently
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Suite
What you can expect from us:
• A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
• A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
• A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
• An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
Please send your resumes to email@example.com and in the subject line: COOP – OPERATIONS / HR. Thank you in advance for your interest in pursuing a career with ESI.
Job Type: Temporary